Dr. Isis Sikainga is a general dentist distinguished by her exceptional clinical skills and her unique ability to alleviate patient anxiety. Beginning with her birth in Ohio, Dr. Sikainga’s early life oscillated between Dubai and the USA, an enriching experience that fostered her ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds. These experiences are complemented by her diverse educational background including Montessori middle school, British high school, and American university.
Strongly influenced by the compassion and stability provided by her childhood dentist, Dr. Sikainga strives to replicate that comfort and familiarity in her practice. As a dentist, her philosophy is rooted in the following principles:
- Prioritizing familiarity and comfort to foster strong, lasting patient relationships.
- Applying mindful compassion and clear communication to deliver optimal patient experiences.
- Employing a patient-centric, preventative, and conservative therapy approach to mitigate dental anxiety.
- Listening closely to patients to understand their concerns and aspirations, recognizing it as the first step towards crafting effective treatment plans.
Dr. Sikainga is bilingual in English and Arabic, allowing her to serve a wide demographic of patients effectively.
In her downtime, Dr. Sikainga loves exploring eateries and coffee houses, attending live concerts, and expanding her photography portfolio. She especially enjoys the view while strolling the Brooklyn Promenade.
By integrating her cross-cultural upbringing, empathetic approach, and clinical expertise, Dr. Sikainga provides a unique and comforting dental experience, prioritizing patient needs and creating positive dental experiences.
- Undergraduate: Yale University, BS in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- Dental: The Ohio State College of Dentistry, DDS (member of the Aesthetic Dentistry Club)
- Residency: General Practice at Brooklyn Hospital Center
Awards and Honors
- Dean’s Scholar Award, OSU
- Student Admissions Committee
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Women Dentists
- National Dental Association