Having a complete and healthy smile has a bigger impact than just boosting your confidence. It also allows you to eat, speak, and live without discomfort. At Soul Dental, we offer a broad range of teeth replacement options to patients in NYC. While dental implants are by far the most common and versatile tooth replacement and serve as the anchor for a variety of restorations, our comprehensive services also include partial and traditional dentures.
Understanding Dental Implants
Dental implants are the foundation for various long-term solutions to missing teeth. Composed of a titanium screw, these implants are surgically placed into the jawbone, effectively acting as an artificial tooth root. They provide sturdy support for the dental restorations such as crowns, bridges, or fixed dentures, all while preserving jawbone health.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Titanium dental implants represent a boon to patients with missing teeth. Prior to the widespread use of implants to replace missing dentition, one lost tooth was sure to lead to more. Now we can replace a missing tooth or teeth in a way that continues to stimulate the jawbone and prevent bone loss, which helps to prevent further tooth loss. The key benefits of a dental implant are that it:
- Provides a robust, reliable foundation for your dental restoration.
- Allows us to fully restore your bite function.
- Safeguards the integrity of the jawbone, preventing deterioration often seen in patients with missing teeth.
- Helps to preserve facial structure.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
Understanding how dental implants work requires knowledge of a remarkable biological process called osseointegration. Here, the titanium in the implant fuses seamlessly with the patient’s jawbone. This process takes a few months, but once the fusion is complete, the implant can support your restoration, often for a lifetime.
Why Choose Dental Implants
You have choices, and your Soul dentist will go over all of them with you. Each has their advantages: crown-anchored bridges offer a relatively affordable way to replace multiple adjacent missing teeth, traditional dentures are more likely to be covered by insurance than All-on-4 or all-on-x. But implant-supported restorations stand out as the clear winner for most cases. Here are some aspects that make dental implants a top choice for tooth replacement:
- Durability: Dental implants are designed to last many years, and with proper care, they can last a lifetime.
- Preservation of oral health: The placement of dental implants does not necessitate altering surrounding teeth, ensuring overall oral health.
- Improved comfort and fit: Since dental implants fuse with your bone, they become part of you, eliminating the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Easier eating: Restorations supported by dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence.
The Dental Implant Procedure: A Step-by-Step Guide
We will be so happy to fill you in on everything and walk you through the whole process in-person, but we believe in open and transparent communication, patient education, and erring on the side of over-informing. So here is what to expect if you have a dental implant procedure in your future:
- Consulting and planning: Your dental implant journey begins with a thorough examination and consultation. Our experienced team will run a complete evaluation of your oral health status and address any pre-existing conditions.
- Implant placement: Surgically inserting the dental implant into your jawbone constitutes the next step. Our expert oral and maxillofacial surgeons, who specialize in this type of procedure, will handle this part of the process.
- Healing and growth: Post-surgery, there’s a healing phase during which osseointegration occurs. This period can last a few weeks to months, depending on the individual.
- Abutment placement: Once your jawbone is confirmed healed and the implant is stable, an abutment is attached to it. The abutment is a component that will hold your new tooth or teeth in place.
- Custom-made restoration: Lastly, our restorative dentists will create and attach your customized dental crown, bridge, or denture to the abutment.
Implant-Supported Full-Arch Restorations: All-on-4 and All-on-X
As a leader in sophisticated dental technology and patient-oriented care, Soul Dental is proud to offer All-on-4 and all-on-X teeth replacement, two exceptional full-arch restoration options. Offering a welcome alternative to traditional dentures, this advanced dental solution permanently replaces either an entire upper or lower set of teeth, or both, providing you with a complete smile makeover.
Full-Arch Restorations: An Introduction
Both All-on-4 and all-on-X fall under the category of implant-supported full-arch restorations. What sets these procedures apart from conventional dentures and implant-supported crowns or bridges is the strategic use of a minimal number of implants to support a full set of prosthetic teeth. This in-between option spares patients the lifestyle change of full traditional dentures as well as the cost and extensive surgeries required to painstakingly replace every missing tooth with a single implant and crown.
The All-on-4 Solution: Efficiency and Value
As the name suggests, All-on-4 replaces an entire set of teeth with—yes, you guessed it—four strategically placed dental implants. These implants serve as a secure, permanent anchor for your new set of teeth, allowing you to bite, chew, and smile confidently. Benefits of All-on-4 include:
- Minimally invasive with maximum results
- Swift recovery compared to traditional implant methods
- High success rate and long-lasting durability
- Possibility of immediate load, i.e., getting temporary teeth on the same day as the implant surgery
- A full, prosthetic set of teeth that look, feel, and function like natural teeth
- Bone loss prevention, therefore facial structure preservation
- Long-term solution–no periodic replacements like conventional dentures
- No food restrictions once implants are properly fused
The All-on-X Approach: What is the Difference?
All-on-4 is, firstly, a trademarked name that refers to a specific technique pioneered by Nobel Biotech. All-on-x, on the other hand, is the generic, industry-wide term for a full-arch prosthetic placed onto any number of dental implants. Your dentist and specialists will work with you to determine the best plan for you, because four may be just the right number of implants for your unique circumstances, or you may do better with fewer, or more. This recommendation is made based on bone volume and density, along with other factors.
All-on-4 or all-on-x represents a livable solution for patients who need a full set of replacement teeth but do not want to experience the bone loss, slipping, and nightstand soaking associated with traditional dentures. And, as with all things at Soul Dental, our full-arch teeth replacements are beautiful! No one but you has to know.
Partial and Full Dentures: Classic Solutions for Tooth Loss
When dealing with lost or missing teeth, traditional dental solutions like partial and full dentures can offer a range of practical, aesthetic, and cost-effective benefits. At Soul Dental, we guide you through these reliable choices, focusing on your individual needs to ensure the most optimal fit and performance.
Partial Dentures: Filling in the Gaps
If you have one or more natural teeth remaining in your upper or lower jaw, partial dentures can be an excellent choice. These replacement teeth are affixed to a plastic base that matches the color of your gums, keeping your remaining natural teeth from shifting while restoring function and appearance. Key aspects of partial dentures include:
- Durability: Well cared-for partial dentures can last for several years and extend the lifespan of your existing healthy teeth.
- Comfort: Modern materials and dental technology ensure partial dentures offer superior comfort and fit, minimizing any potential irritation or discomfort.
- Aesthetics: Today’s dentures are designed to closely mimic natural teeth and gums, enhancing your smile while providing a discreet, natural look.
Full Dentures: Regaining Your Complete Smile
For those who have lost most or all of their teeth, full dentures can be a lifesaver. Consisting of a full set of replacement teeth, traditional dentures can drastically improve quality of life by restoring the ability to eat, speak, and smile with confidence. Key benefits of full dentures include:
- Oral functionality: Full dentures restore the structure of your mouth, enabling you to eat a variety of foods and speak clearly.
- Aesthetics: Modern full dentures are far more natural-looking than their predecessors. You can choose from different shades to match your original teeth color, ensuring a natural, beautiful smile that is still unmistakably you.
- Facial support: By providing support for the structure of the face, full dentures prevent the sunken look often associated with multiple tooth loss.
At Soul Dental, we ensure that whether you opt for partial or full dentures, the final result is a comfortable, well-fitting solution that returns your smile to its former glory. Our team takes exceptional care in the design and fitting of your dentures, allowing you to regain full oral function and aesthetic appeal.
Teeth Replacement Options and Dental Implants in NYC
Options to replace missing teeth vary widely, and each one comes with its unique advantages. Dental implants offer a permanent solution that feels natural, while All-on-4 and all-on-X restorations provide an updated take on full teeth replacement. Partial and traditional dentures, meanwhile, remain dependable and cost-effective options.
At Soul Dental, we not only provide an array of teeth replacement options but we take the time to understand your needs. This allows us to match you with the most beneficial solution, guaranteeing results worth smiling about. Choosing a teeth replacement option doesn’t have to be daunting. Reach out to Soul Dental today in Chelsea, Hell’s Kitchen, or Upper West Side, and let us guide you on your journey to a restored, beautiful smile.