IV Sedation DentistryFeeling nervous or scared about getting your dental work done? We’re here to help.
Taking care of your oral health is our top priority, and we want to make that process as easy and comfortable for you as possible. That’s why we offer our patients the option of IV sedation dentistry in NYC during dental procedures. Also referred to as conscious sedation, IV sedation doesn’t put you to sleep; it simply makes you less aware of, and less focused on, the dental work.
Administered intravenously, it is easily adjusted to make you most comfortable. Not every dental office offers intravenous sedation dentistry; only the most highly trained dental professionals are licensed to use it. Our skilled doctors and support staff use the latest technology and research to ensure that we offer you dental treatment and sedation that safely and effectively maximizes your comfort and results.
We will walk you through each aspect of the procedure so that you feel at ease with the treatment you are receiving.
Some procedures that we offer IV sedation with include:
- Full-mouth restorations
- Treatment of periodontal disease or other oral tissue issues
- Oral surgery
- …and more. Just ask us!
To prepare to receive IV sedation during your procedure, follow a few simple guidelines:
- Don’t eat or drink for at least 8 hours prior to your procedure.
- Arrange for a friend or family member to drive you to and from the dentist, as you will be groggy afterwards from the sedation.
- Clear your schedule for the day; don’t plan to go back to work or schedule social events after your procedure.
- Inform our office of any medications you take regularly so we can ensure there aren’t any contraindications. We may ask you to stop certain medications prior to your appointment with us.
Wondering if IV sedation is the right choice for you? Give our office a call today and we’ll discuss your sedation options give your dental needs, overall health, and degree of anxiety.